One of my favorite Halloween traditions is to pop in Disney’s Hocus Pocus and watch the Sanderson Sisters run amok trying to live forever. This Hocus Pocus Inspired Candy Corn kicks my movie-watching experience up a notch!
Winnifred: Sisters, All Hallow’s Eve has become a night of frolic, where children wear costumes and run amok! Sarah: Amok, amok, amok, amok, amok.
Hocus Pocus Candy Corn
For this recipe, I prefer air-popped popcorn. I like the blank canvas for the flavors. Pop your popcorn and set it to the side.
It is easiest to do one color at a time rather than preparing all the colors at once.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add your butter first and melt. Stir in sugar, corn syrup, food coloring, and salt in the saucepan. Bring to a boil while stirring. This is something you have to do without distractions as the boil stage can happen at any time.
Once at a boil allow to cook without stirring for two minutes. Set a timer, I like using my phone for this.
Add your candy flavoring and stir to combine. Remove from heat and set to the side.
Add your popcorn to a sealable bowl, about 4 cups of popped popcorn for each color. Pour your candy coating on the popcorn.
Seal with the lid and shake the bowl to evenly coat, this is a step you should involve your kids in.
Pour your popcorn on a baking sheet that you have covered with parchment paper.
Let cool for about 5 minutes.
Repeat the steps for each color.
Add all the colors together in a big bowl and toss to combine.
Wanting to pair this treat with a grown-up drink? Try this Witch’s Heart Halloween Cocktail from The Flavor Bender!
I absolutely love Disney Halloween movies! Have you seen all of them? Check out my Ultimate Disney Halloween Movies list!
- 12 Cups of popped popcorn ( 4 cups for each color )
- 1 1/2 Cup unsalted sweet cream butter ( 1/2 C in each saucepan )
- 3 Cups sugar ( 1 C in each saucepan )
- 3/4 Cups light corn syrup ( 1/4 C in each saucepan )
- 1 1/2 tsp salt . ( 1/2 tsp in each saucepan )
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract ( 1/2 tsp in each saucepan )
- 1 tsp Green food coloring
- 1 tsp Orange food coloring
- 1 tsp. Purple food coloring
- 2 tsp Orange candy oil flavoring
- 2 tsp. Green apple candy oil flavoring
- 2 tsp. Grape oil flavoring
- Pop your popcorn and set it to the side.
- You are going to do 1 color at a time.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add your butter first and melt.
- Stir in sugar, corn syrup, food coloring, and salt into the saucepan.
- Bring to boil while stirring.
- Once at a boil allow to cook without stirring for two minutes.
- Add your candy flavoring and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat.
- Set to the side.
- Add your popcorn to a sealable bowl, about 4 cups of popped popcorn for each color.
- Pour your candy coating on the popcorn and seal with the lid.
- Shake the bowl to evenly coat.
- Pour your popcorn on a baking sheet that you have covered with parchment paper.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Repeat the steps for each color.
- Add all the colors together in a big bowl and toss to combine.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 535Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 548mgCarbohydrates: 72gFiber: 1gSugar: 67gProtein: 1g
PixieDustedLifestyle.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although PixieDustedLifestyle.com.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
Looking for More Tasty Halloween Treats?
- 25+ Disney Inspired Halloween Treats
- 31 Halloween Treats
- Sally Inspired Crinkle Sugar Cookies