This creamy Hocus Pocus Milkshake is made with super simple ingredients and tastes delicious too! Made with tangy lime sherbert, milk, food coloring, and toppings, you can whip up this shake in a matter of minutes.
Two things I love are milkshakes and the movie Hocus Pocus. I mean, who can blame me? If you are a fan of anything related to the popular 1993 film, then you are sure to love it too.
Why You’ll Love This Hocus Pocus Milkshake
- Packed with flavorful sherbet
- Perfect for sipping on while watching Hocus Pocus or Hocus Pocus 2!
- You can add a variety of sprinkles
- Adult approved
- Cold Milk
- Lime Sherbet
- Neon Green Food Gel
- Whipped Topping
- Purple Pearl Sprinkles
- Black Sprinkles
- Candy Eyes
- Small Green Pearl Sprinkles
How To Make A Hocus Pocus Milkshake
Step 1: Prepare the shake
Simply add the milk, sherbert, and food coloring to a blender. Give it a whirl until it’s mixed well and a lovely green color.
Step 2: Garnish and serve
Pour the Hocus Pocus shake into a tall glass. Add some whipped topping and add the sprinkles. Pop in a straw and enjoy!
Homemade Milkshake Tips & Variations
- Use a high-quality blender for the best results. It will blend it wonderfully!
- For a thinner shake, add a little more milk.
- Add in a teaspoon of vanilla for an even more yummy flavor.
- Freeze your glasses for 30 minutes – 1 hour before serving. Then it will be frosty and perfect for drinking your shake out of.
- For bolder lime flavor, zest some fresh limes into the shake. So good!
- When blending your milkshake, start off slowly. This will allow the ingredients to all blend together properly.
- If you aren’t a fan of whipped cream, you can omit it completely. Tastes great either way.
- For a thicker shake, add a little bit less milk.
- If time allows, place the sherbet on the counter to thaw for about 15 minutes before making the shake. It will allow it to mix better!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I add alcohol?
Absolutely! Pour in 1 ounce of rum and enjoy!
What kind of milk do I need to use?
When making any kind of shake, the biggest thing is that the more fat in the milk, the creamier it is going to be. So, using whole milk is going to give you a super creamy shake.
Additionally, if you want it to be even creamer, swap them milk for heavy cream. So good!
It’s also fine to use a milk substitute like almond milk, cashew milk or coconut milk. Keep in mind those kinds of milk are thinner, and they can also affect the flavor, especially coconut milk.
Can I add ice to a milkshake?
Yes, it’s fine to add some ice cubes to your Hocus Pocus milkshake. You do need to make sure that you have a high-quality blender. If not, it won’t chop the ice, and you will end up with big chunks. And that isn’t very easy to drink!
Additionally, you need to drink it fairly quickly. If it sits long, the ice will melt, and it will lose flavor and become watered down.
Can I use ice cream instead of sherbet?
Sure! If you aren’t a fan of sherbet, you can easily swap it for ice cream. I recommend vanilla because it’s easy to dye. Choose flavors that will still be green once adding food coloring. This will give the milkshake the perfect spooky look!
Can I store leftover milkshakes?
Yep! Place the milkshake in a freezer-safe container or freezer bag. Then freeze for 1-2 days for best results. Thaw on the counter for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Pro tip: If it is a little chunky, run it back through the blender again before serving.
Is it okay to double this recipe?
Absolutely! This shake recipe is for 1 really large shake! However, you can make as many as you want or split this with a friend. For large parties or groups, you will need to work in batches, so you don’t overfill the blender.
- 1 cup milk
- 4 scoops lime sherbet
- 1 drop neon green food gel
- whipped topping for topping
- purple pearl sprinkles for topping
- black sprinkles for topping
- candy eyes for topping
- small green pearl sprinkles for topping
- In a blender, add lime sherbet, one drop of neon green food gel, and milk. Blend well.
- Pour into a glass. Top with whipped topping. Sprinkle with pearls, candy eyes, and black sprinkles.
- Serve cold!
If you would like to make this an alcoholic milkshake just add 1 oz. rum.